Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Final Product

                                                                      ©Patient Parker 
 
I absolutely enjoyed listening to and watching all the musyrooms act out in the reality of the physical world. I was so impressed by how intricately each system appeared, yet how simple the formulas were in that individuals mind. Every presentation deserved so much more time than the 10 minute slot allotted, but isn't that what invokes the mystery? We each entertained the class with a sneak peak into the locked-safe that has become of our minds. Instead of repeating someones name over and over with the hopes of being able to recall it hours later, I simply create a bazaar image and place it it one of the many nooks and crannies of my musyroom. As per requested by our fearless leader, here is the extended (yet not entire) trailer for my mussyroom:

The top floor as I mentioned included our TV room (dinosaurs representing the lack of technology), Brothers room (Car:symbolizing a interest), bathroom (beach themed) and my room (complete with paint samples and old sport memorabilia). My room also has distinct belongings that readily aid my memory system: a large mirror my father brought home from work that got bedazzled and leaned up against the wall adjacent from my bed, a desk that is warped at the bottom from a basement flood in a previous home, a sweet-pea poster from the Bozeman festival the year I was born, and a built in set of drawers next to my closet door. My closet itself is fairly large and always smells faintly of stinky shoes. My mother keeps most of her footwear in my closet (seeing as my parents room doesn't have storage space) and I can still smell the stench the space encapsulates. The socks hanging next to the TV room represent my little cousin who always stays in that room when she visits, as well as a "comfy" clothing item symbolizing the harmony of the room. 

The main floor includes the kitchen, dinning room (table complete with Thanksgiving dinner), living room (buses: represent vehicles of my past present and future and the people that have entered into my life and made an impact), parents room (glue represents the adhesion of our family unit, the necklaces representing my mothers jewelry collection that I often admired growing up), and the green room/computer room. The bathroom between my parents room and the green room have scissors associated with it because we entirely re-modeled the bathroom leaving nothing in the same place or condition. What used to be a carpeted brown disaster is now a bright, tiled walk in shower :)

In the basement there is a bathroom that I myself re-modeled and decorated, our pantry, a spare bedroom, walk in closet, game room and laundry room. The recorder in the spare bedroom represents my flute and all the nights I spent memorizing sheet music. The stapler and arts and crafts symbolizes my mothers art area where she works on projects and paintings. The fishing hook hanging from the closet where all our outdoor gear is stored represents a fishing vest my grandfather bought for me.

As demonstrated in class, when I am given information to memorize I simply link the object, event or person with a memory and a space in my mussy room and it stays with me---forever.

The End.


I just want to use this last blog entry to thank you for a fantastic semester. The material I will take from this class is practical and you caused my brain mental pushups everyday. I have enjoyed the class, my classmates and you, our fearless leader. Have a good summer.

Over and Out,
Tia of the Crawling Ants

No comments:

Post a Comment