Tuesday, February 7, 2012

51 Things

With over 306,554 iPhone apps available I guess I should have been less surprised to find the perfect App that would determine the 51 “things” I chose to memorize. I have started studying for the LSAT (blah) and realized the memory presentation could act as duel credit. After some research I found experts suggest the same vocabulary is regurgitated every year, therefore I have chosen to memorize 26 of the most frequently used LSAT vocabulary words (and their definitions- it will add up to 52). As I began to search for a memory bank that would provide me with such a list I stumbled upon the “LSAT Vocabulary” App that contains more than 115 of the most common LSAT Vocabulary words. The App quizzes the user under time constrains and reports on frequently missed words. I was able to download the app onto my phone for a small fee and am on my way to LSAT Vocabulary comprehension.


 Aggregate
2.       Altruistic
3.       Ample
4.       Assumption
5.       Compel
6.       Confirming
7.       Constitute
8.       Contingency
9.       Correlation
10.   Counterexample
11.   Equivocate
12.   Eschew
13.   Impediment
14.   Impertubable
15.   Indigenous
16.   Nor
17.   Placebo
18.   Posit
19.   Predispose
20.   Principle
21.   Pundit
22.   Qualify
23.   Rebuttle
24.   Refute
25.   Unequivocal
26.   Viable




This is a running list I have compiled as I “play” with the App. The list is subject to change, but for now I like what I have.

Should I desire --I may expand my list to encompass a extended range of vocabulary words.



No comments:

Post a Comment