Friday, February 10, 2012

IT WORKS!

This Friday I had a test on Ovid, Book 1-10 for my Mythologies class. Looking for an opportunity to expand my Memory Palace to include over 30 new Greek Gods and Godesses, I accepted the challenge. I started by creating a visual landscape using notecards. I am a very visual learner and creating location using ordered structure stuck in my mind. Can memory palaces look like this?----------->

I was joined by Alex Miller and Ethan Davis and together we created  bazzar stories and references to comit to memory the spelling and stories of Ovid's characters.

My memory now contains:

Apollo                   
Daphne
Semele
Jove
Juno
Bacchus
Actaeon
Echo
Narcissus
Tiresias
Phaehon
Pyramus
Thisbe
Perseus
Atlas
Philomela
Procne
Tereus
Itys
Cyane
Ceres
Proserpina
Biblis
Caunus
Scylla
Minos
Theseus
The Minotaur
Daedalus
Icarus
Medea
Jason
Orpheus
Eurudice
Myrrna
Cinyras
Adonis
Venus

I have been thinking alot about this "transformation" I must undergo to change the way I learn and memorize information. This whole process was so fufilling. I took the test earlier today and successfully answered every question correctly.

No comments:

Post a Comment