Thursday, January 19, 2012

Average--- I am not buying it.

Okay, I am still slightly Google stalking Joshua Foer. The thought of memorizing 100 words has me incredibly intimidated. I continually return to Mr. Foer’s word “average” and as a matter of self-preservation I have decided to research further just how “average” he is. As I am still in the beginning stages of training my brain to remember more than eight words, it would comfort my soul to know     Mr. Foer is secretly a closet-genius thus making it perfectly normal for me to be terrified of 100 words.
Come to find out, Mr. Foer is the younger brother of New Republic editor Franklin Foer and novelist Jonathan Safran Foer. He is the son of Esther Foer, president of a public relations firm, and Albert Foer, a think-tank president. In 2004, he graduated from Yale University and is married to Dinah Herlands, a medical student at Yale, whom he met while an undergraduate at Yale.
Average? Pshhhh I say it was in his genes to become U.S. Memory Champion.
Maybe I am I trying to find any excuse NOT to train my brain. Maybe I am dreading the task of 100 words. Still…

No comments:

Post a Comment